Edu Interview » Data Interpretation
For Questions 1 – 5 follow the instructions given below
Percentage of students in various courses (A,B,C,D,E,F) and percentage of girls out these.
Total students = 1200 (800 girls + 400 boys) Total girls = 800
Percentage of students in various courses. Percentage of Girls in courses
1. For course D what is the respective ratio of boys & girls?
(A) 3:4 (B) 4:5 (C) 3:5 (D) 5:6
2. For which pair of courses is the number of boys the same?
(A) E&F (B) A&D (C) C&F (D) B&D
3. For Course E, the number of girls is how much percent more than the boys in course E?
(A) 250 (B) 350 (C) 150 (D) 80
4. For which course is the number of boys the minimum?
(A) E (B) F (C) C (D) A
5. How many girls are in course C?
(A) 44 (B) 16 (C) 40 (D) 160
For Questions 6 – 11 follow the instructions given below
The following line-graph gives the annual percent profit earned by a company during the period 2001 – 2006. Study the line-graph and answer the questions that are based on it.
6. If the income in 2004 was Rs.264 crores, what was the expenditure in 2004?
7. During which year was the ratio of income to expenditure the maximum?
8. What is the average profit earned for the given years?
9. During which year the ratio of percentages profit earned to that in the previous year is the minimum?
10. If the expenditure in 2002 and 2005 are equal, then the approximate ratio of the income in 2002 and 2005 respectively is what?
11. If the expenditure in 2006 is 25% more than the expenditure in 2003, then the income in 2003 is what percent less than the income in 2006?
For Questions 12 – 16:
Study the following table and answer the questions given below it:
Year wise and discipline wise number of candidates selected in an Industry.
12. The number of selected candidate of which discipline is increasing every year?
(A) Science (B) Engineering (C) Agriculture (D) Arts
13. Approximately what percent of candidates of science discipline were selected for the given period?
(A) 38 (B) 42 (C) 423 (D) 45
14. If all the class graduates were eligible to apply, which of the following inferences is probably true?
(A) Among the applicants the number of science discipline candidates is the largest
(B) If written test was given for selection the test was based towards science discipline.
(C) The industry requires science discipline graduates more in its personnel
(D) All of these
15. In which year is the percentage of Agriculture discipline candidates the highest?
(A) 2002 (B) 2003 (C) 2004 (D) 2005
16. In which year for the first time did the Arts discipline candidates constitute more than 25 percent of selected candidates?
(A) 2002 (B) 2003 (C) 2004 (D) 2005
For Questions 17 – 21 follow the instructions given below
A soft-drink company prepares drinks of three different flavours- X, Y and Z. The production of the three flavours over a period of six years has been expressed in the bar-graph provided below. Study the graph and answer the question based on it.
17. For which of the following year, the percentage of rise / fall in production from the previous year is the maximum for the flavour Y?
18. For which flavour was the average annual production maximum in the given period?
19. The total production of flavour Z in 2003 and 2004 is what percentage of the total production of flavour X in 2001 and 2002?
20. What is the difference between the average production of flavour X in 2001, 2002 and 2003 and the average production of flavour Y in 2004, 2005 and 2006?
21. What was the approximately decline in the production of flavour Z in 2006 as compared to the production in 2004?
For Questions 22 –25 follow the instructions given below
Each of the questions given below consists of a question followed by three statements. You have to study the question and the statements and decide which of the statements. Is/are necessary to answer the given question.
22. What is the two-digit number?
I. Sum of the digits is 7.
II. Difference between the number and the number obtained by interchanging the digits is 9.
III. Digit in the ten’s place is bigger than the digit in the unit’s place 1.
(A) I and II only (B) II and III only (C) I and III only (D) None of these
23. What is the area of rectangular field?
I. The perimeter of the field is 110 metres.
II. The length is 5 metres more than the width
III. The ratio between length and width is 6:5 respectively.
(A) I and II only (B) Any two of the three (C) All, I, II and III (D) None of these
24. What is Arun’s present age?
I. Five years ago, Arun’s age was double that of his son’s age at that time.
II. Present ages of Arun and his son are in the ratio of 11:6 respectively.
III. Five years hence, the respective ratio of Arun’s age and his son’s age will become 12:7.
(A) Only I and II (B) Only II and III (C) Only I and III (D) None of these
25. How many articles were sold?
I. Total profit earned was Rs.1596.
II. Cost price per article was Rs.632.
III. Selling price per article was Rs.765.
(A) Any two of the three (B) I and II only
(C) II and III only (D) All I, II and III
Two Types :
(1) Sufficient type
(2) Yes or no type
(1) What is the value of ?
(1) x is an a even prime number
(2) x is a odd number
(2) What is the value of
(1) value of x is 2
(2) x is equal to y
(3) What is the units place of a number ?
(1) n is even number
(2) n is odd number
Type II (Yes or No)
(1) Is x an even number?
(a) 3n even number
(b) 2n even number
(2) Is x a integer
(a) 7x an integer
(b) 6x is a fraction
(3) Is x divisible by 6?
(a) x is divisible by 8
(b) x is divisible by 3
(4) Is x greater then y and z
(5) Is x a positive number?
(6)What is the angle of x?
1. If n and m are even integers is n/3 + k/2 an integer?
(1) n is a multiple of 3
(2) m is a multiple of 4.
2. How many families own exactly two phones?
(1) 150 families in Tamil Nadu own at least one telephone.
(2) 15 families in Tamil Nadu own at least three telephones.
3. Is the integer n divisible by 9? N is a two digit number.
(1) When n is divided by 3, the remainder is 2
(2) When n is divided by 7, the remainder is 1.
4. The figure represents a square and a semicircle. What is the combined area of the above figure.
(1) The radius of the semicircle is 7.
(2) A side of the square is 14.
5. Does T=24 ?
(1) The average of A,B and T is 8.
6. Is B^2 > B^3 ?
(1) B is a negative number.
7. What is the value of x+y= ?
(1) x-y = 7
8. x and y are integers that are both less than 10. Is x greater than y?
(1) x is a multiple of 3
(2) y is a multiple of 2
9. What are the value a and b?
(1) a + b = 20
(2) (a-b)^2 =16
10. Is 2^n divisible by 8?
(1) n is an integer greater than 5
(2) n is an odd integer
11. Is xy>0?
(1) xy^2 >0
(2) (X^2)( Y^3) <0
12. What is the value of x2+ 1 / x2 ?
(1) x+ 1/x =5
(2) x-1/x = 3
13. Is a greater than y?
(1) xy = 10
(2) x/y =7
14. Is x greater than y?
(1) x is greater than 20
(2) y is greater than 18
15. A is what percentage of b?
(2) a:b = 7:8
16. If what is the value of x?
(1) yz = 40
(2) y = 10 and z = 5
17. If x, y and z are positive integers, is xz even?
(1) xy is even
(2) yz is even
18. Is B^2 greater than B^3 ?
(1) B is positive
(2) O < B < 1
19. Is the product of m and n greater than BO?
(1) The sum of x and y is greater than BO
(2) Each of the variable is greater than 2.
20. Is y greater than o?
(1) Y^3 x Y^3 is positive
(2) Y3 x Y^6 is negative
21. Is x an even integer?
(1) x is the square of an integer
(2) x is the cube of an integer.
22. Is x>0?
(1) -2x>0 (No)
23. Given that x and y are real numbers. What is the value of
(1) (x^2 - Y^2 )/(x-y) = 8
(2) (x+y)^2 = 64
24. Is xy>0?
(1) X/Y <0 (No)
(2) X+Y <0
25. What is the average of P,Q and R?
(1) 2P+Q+4R= 43
(2) 3P + R + 4Q = 42
26. If X, Y and Z are different integers is x divisible by 11?
(1) xyz is divisible by 22 and 33.
(2) yz is divisible by 72.
27. Is x < 0
(1) 7x > 8x
(2) -5(x) = 0
28. The difference between the two digits of a number is 6. What is the number
(1) the digits at the units place is bigger than the other digit.
(2) the sum of the two digits is 12.
29. Does ( 5 + m ) = 1
(1) m is positive
(2) m is an odd number.
[(1) alone is sufficient, because it proves that cannot equal to 1. 5 plus positive number cannot equal to 1. Thus statement (1) is sufficient because it established that the statement is false.
(2) Statement (2) is also sufficient 5 plus an odd number cannot equal to 1. Therefore it is sufficient. Since both are sufficient, the answer must be D.
30. What is the value of y?
(1) y-3 = 2
(2) y^2 = 25
31. Is x a prime number?
(1) x is an even number
(2) x cannot be divided by evenly by an odd number other than 1.
(x might be divisible by even number)
32. What is the value of x?
(1) x + 10 y = 25
(2) 2.5x + 25 Y = 10
33. What is the units place of x^n
(1) units place of x is 4.
(2) N is an even number.
34. If m is an integer, is m odd?
(1) m/2 is not an even integer.
(2) m-3 is an even integer.
35. What is the difference between p and q?
(1) p is 60% y.
(2) q is 40% y
36. What is the value of the two digit number N?
(1) The sum of the digits is 6.
(2) The difference between the digits is 2.
37. Is x > y
(1) x^2 > y^2
38. What is the speed of a train?
(1) Train of the length of 500m takes 5 seconds to cross a standing person
(2) Train of length of 500m takes 15 seconds to cross a plat form.
39. What is the value of
(2) xyz = 10
40. If xy and z are integers, Is xyz an even?
(1) z is an odd number
(2) y is an even number
41. Is tens place of a square number even?
(1) units place of a square number odd
(2) units place of a square number is 6.
42. Is a four digits number divisible by 4?
(1) Last two digits (units and tens place) are zero.
(2) First two digits are 4 and 8.
43. Which is the value of x?
(1) x^2- 5x + 6 = 0
(2) x > 2
44. Which is the faster train
(1) Train A takes 5 seconds to cross a 500m plat form
(2) Train B takes 6 seconds to cross a 400m plot form
45. Who is the best worker among A, B and C
(1) A and B can complete the job in 20 days
(2) B and C can complete the a job in 15 days.
46. How many minutes will. A take to fill the tank
(1) B takes of hour to fill of the tank
(2) A is take as good as worker B.
47. Will the cistern be full or not?
(1) A takes 20 minutes to fill the empty tank.
(2) B takes 15 minutes to empty the full tank.
48. x is a number. Find number of zeros at the end in x!
(1) number of 5’s in x! is 24.
(2) number of 2’s in x! is 96.
49. Is x! divisible by 98.
(1) x is greater than 20!
(2) x is 5!
50. Is x greater then y?
(1) x - y = 2
(2) x + y =5
51. Is a greater then y?
(1) x + y =3
(2) x / y = 5
52. Which is the greatest angle?
(1) side AB is greater than BC and CA
(2) sides AB is equal to AC.
53. What is value of the radius of the circles
(1) AB is diameter of the circle
(2) BC =3, AC="4
54. O is the center of the circle. A and B two points on the circumference of the circle. What is the angle of B?
(1) Angle of O is 110o
(2) Angle of A is 350
55. What is the HCF of a number.
(1) The product of LCM and HCF of two numbers is 10800
(2) One of the numbers is 90.
56. What will be the remainder when is divided by 7
(1) n is an odd number
(2) n is an even number
57. What will be remainder when is divided by 8. N- is a positive integer
(1) Value of x is 82
58. If m and n are integers. Is m an even number.
(1) mxn even number
(2) is an odd number
59. Is a number m divisible by 5
(1) units place of the number is not 5
(2) value of m is 6!
2015 © All Rights Reserved - A Website owned by S.S.Sashikiran
||Our Sponsors span> Td>||We Work With br>